Monday, February 04, 2013

Valentine Vignette

Happy Monday, friends! How was your weekend? Mine was great. I spent Friday night & all day Saturday at a scrapbooking retreat with some great friends. I'm still working on our Disney trip album from this past summer's trip. I'd say I'm at least half done & the end is in sight. I'll have some layouts to show you in the next few weeks.

~~~~~

Last week I was able to finish up our Valentine decorating. With my hubby in school for another few weeks, things are tight, so I didn't want to spend anything on my decorating. Because of this, my budget for this vignette was $0.




Here's how I pulled it together...

I reused many of last year's decorations...




...including the paper hearts & the button art I made & displayed in an embroidery hoop.




I just took the paper hearts off of the string they were on & piled them in a couple of vases.




I also used the pink rag wreath I made last spring. I had an empty picture frame that I looped the wreath to to display it.





I also used my snowy owls (since they're just too cute) along with the Valentine vase I showed you a bit ago.




There you have it! Everything was reused & found from around the house. It's amazing what you can come up with when you have a little imagination!




Thanks for reading. If you like what you see here on Silver Boxes, I'd love it if you would become a follower on Google Friend Connect, subscribe by email (sign up on the right sidebar), 
or follow along on FacebookPinterestInstagram, or Twitter
And please leave a comment when you do so I know who my new friends are! :)


Enjoy your day!



5 comments:

  1. I love that you used things you already had around the house! I would have never guessed :) It looks fantastic! I especially like the paper hearts in the glass vase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks so cute! I adore that heart inside the embroidery hoop. Thanks for linking up to the weekly creative.

    Shannon @ Sewing Barefoot

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this in my e-mail and thought it was beautiful! I love all the various pieces you put together! Thanks for sharing at Tasteful Tuesdays this week! Do you sew or know someone who does? I have a fabulous pattern sale (18 patterns for under $25) and giveaway going on right now.http://www.nap-timecreations.com/2013/02/sew-fab-e-pattern-sale-and-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great display! I love it! Thanks for sharing this at my Pin Me Linky Party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Steph! I wanted to let you know that I featured your vignette at this week's party, which I hope you'll stop by and join this week with another awesome project! Thanks so much for linking up~ Mary Beth @cupcakesandcrinoline http://bit.ly/Yn1sbL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!!

Blogging tips